Warning

Warning: The contents of this blog may be sarcastic, irreverant, poorly spelled and terribly punctuated. There is no real purpose to this blog other than airing my own ramblings and thoughts. Offense is never meant, and I do believe in fairies.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

To be Heard


I am Blogging.
For years I have resisted starting any online journal in the interest of avoiding that potentially obnoxious phrase. I am not a self-absorbed 15 year old brat so connected to the social scene that at any given moment you will find me tweeting that I just ate something really bad for me or took a huge dump. (excuse the crudity- but seriously that is what they tweet about!)
However a conversation with my sister awhile ago got me thinking. Among all the bloggers there are a lot of people who have nothing interesting to say. A lot of people who have no grasp of their native language, and have cauliflower for brains, flood the Internet with their daily activities. I do not have cauliflower for brains, there are things that happen to me, and I have a rather unique way (she says) of looking at them and sharing them with others.
I am not saying my grasp of the English language is stellar. I am not saying I have anything particularly interesting to say. What I am saying is that I do have a voice and so perhaps I deserve to be heard. Maybe no-one will care to listen, but then again, they might.
Having typed all this, I now realize that I might be alienating my audience so to speak. I just wish to join the ranks of bloggers who are like my sister- thoughtful, interesting people who wish to share their lives with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment